mailing list unsubscribe hints ?

Andreas Mohr a.mohr at mailto.de
Sun May 6 08:09:35 CDT 2001

Hi all,

several people seem to not be able to unsubscribe from the mailing lists.
Don't ask me why they don't make it - I really don't know.
After all we've got the mailing list stuff mentioned in a prominent place
on the home page and in 7 lines in every mail header.

Now I'm asking you:
Could we replace the 7 lines in the mail header (that many people
using non-"advanced" mail clients will never see anyway, which is why we're
always getting these annoying unsubscribe requests)
with 1 line at the bottom of each mail body mentioning a URL where you
can find all kinds of mailing lists info ?
That way maybe they'll finally get it...

Anybody against this ? :)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.germany.net/100-30936/