Aargh! Wine won't run anything

Ian Pilcher ian.pilcher at home.com
Tue May 8 00:48:45 CDT 2001

The current CVS tree doesn't appear to run anything on my system (Red
Hat 7.1).  My test suite is limited to Lotus Notes 4.6.7 and a small
win32 program I wrote to extract text metrics from the Windows 2000
PostScript driver, but both of them do nothing but issue the following
messages:

    [pilcher at home pilcher]$ wine textmetric.exe
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x400f9190
    wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=022f
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x400f9190
    wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=022f
    err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags
    0 addr 0x4005ee00
    Terminated

    [pilcher at home pilcher]$ wine nlnotes
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x40849964
    wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=01e7
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x400f9190
    wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=01e7
    err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags
    0 addr 0x4005ee00
    Terminated

Is everyone seeing this?  If not, any idea what would make this suddenly
start happening on my system?

Thanks!