Stupid winedbg question

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue May 8 20:50:49 CDT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Ian Pilcher wrote:

> Francois Gouget wrote:
> >
> >    A backtrace for instance. Or how do I copy/paste anything to/from any
> > console application for that matter.
> >
> Select the text you want to copy and click with your middle mouse button
> (mouse button 2) wherever you want to paste it.

   Nope. I tried that, of course, and it doesn't work.

More context:

   Winedbg is configured to open a new xterm, and it gives it a title of
'Wine console'.
   But if I try to select text like you would do with any
self-respecting xterm, nothing happens:
 - the text is not highlighted in any way
 - the clipboard is not modified

   The same goes if I select something in an xterm and try to paste it
in winedbg. I can click with the middle mouse button all I want, no text
appears in the 'Wine console'.

   There's another anomaly. When winedbg is started via the
'just-in-time' debugging feature
 - it displays all lines in a stair-case fashion. It's as if it was
missing a CR (no, I cannot copy/paste an example).
 - The 'Enter' key does not work. All other keys seem to work
fine. I can type 'b', I can use backspace to erase it and type 'quit'
instead. But typeing 'Enter' has no effect. Pretty limiting.

Here is what I have in 'user.reg':

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Wine\\WineDbg] 973626765

[Software\\Wine\\WineDbg] 988436772

I'm running Debian testing, xterm: 4.0.2-13 (same for all the other X
packages), and I'm using wine from CVS (but older versions have the same

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
                      Computers are like airconditioners
                They stop working properly if you open WINDOWS