Qusetion From New Developer

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri May 11 11:59:48 CDT 2001

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Uhmmmm> I've been using WINE for a while now, and I thought it was just
>     Uhmmmm> about time to start helping out.  I found some very easy things
>     Uhmmmm> I can fix (a lot of the FIXMEs in the basic controls (botton,
>     Uhmmmm> static, etc)).  The only problem is that, I'm not sure how to
>     Uhmmmm> submit the code once I've fixed it.
>
>     Uhmmmm> If someone could let me know, I could start coding.  Thanks in
>     Uhmmmm> advance.
>
> Have a look at http://www.winehq.com

   More precisely:

 * CVS
   http://www.winehq.com/dev.shtml#CVS
   The best way to stay up to date.

 * wine-patches
   http://www.winehq.com/mailman/listinfo/wine-patches
   It's best if you subscribe to wine-patches
   (otherwise each of your emails will go through the moderator)

 * Wine Developer's Guide: Chapter 4. Submitting Patches
   http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-devel/patches.shtml
   All you need to know about submitting patches (I hope)

   Should you run out of FIXMEs (!), don't hesitate to ask for ideas of
things to hack on this list.

In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice they're different.