Could someone check this on windoze

Andreas Mohr a.mohr at mailto.de
Sat May 12 03:14:33 CDT 2001

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 07:24:31PM -0400, Uhmmmm wrote:
> Could someone please doublecheck this.  On windoze, does the bitmap in a
> SS_BITMAP style STATIC control change if you send it WM_SETTEXT or call
> SetWindowText() on it like it does in WINE?  I don't think it does, but I'd
> like it if someone could check before I start changing things.
Uh, you don't want to change things there, do you ???

The whole code there is completely and totally broken.
In fact it is the cause of a bug that I've been trying to track down
for more than 3 (!) years (whole dialogs get blanked when an icon is drawn,
as the code erases the background, which it shouldn't do at all).

I've already implemented some parts of the SS_BITMAP and SS_ICON handling,
but it's not complete yet.

Hmm, so do you want to work on that ?
If so, then you should probably be able to compile lots of test programs,
as the interaction is a bit complicated, and we should Do It Right (tm)
anyway :)

Just ask me for further information or test programs I already created
to assist in creating a compatible wine implementation in case you want
to work in that area...

And yes, I could doublecheck this, but not now.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.germany.net/100-30936/