Documentation: lists interfer with the TOC

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Thu May 17 19:46:08 CDT 2001

   If you look at the documentation table of contents you'll see things
     Anonymous unions/structs
     C library

   The 21, 22 and 23 are not supposed to be here. What I noticed is that
they appear each time I have an orderedlist or an itemizedlist in the
   If I put them in a para instead of directly at the level of the
section then I don't get the extra numbers anymore.
   So should I go through all the doc to make things look like that?

   Hmmm, I don't see this problem in the postscript version and DocBook
doesn't say that the orderedlist elements must be in a para tag. So it
looks like a bug in the HTML generation. Does anyone know how to go fix

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
    I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape around here somewhere...