vxd support?

Osvaldo Fornaro ofornaro at exa.unicen.edu.ar
Tue May 22 11:45:37 CDT 2001

El Dom 20 May 2001 18:32, escribiste:

>     Osvaldo> Hi, I were far from the project for a while, so sorry if this
>     Osvaldo> topic is trivial, but I wish to use a parallel port scanner
>     Osvaldo> with wine. Under Windows, appears a device to treat the
>     Osvaldo> parallel port as a SCSI port, but is based on a VxD archive,
>     Osvaldo> and wine don't find it.
>
> Does the scanner use it's own's VXDs or does it use the system parallel
> VXD? In the latter case, supplying the needed functionality might be
> possible.
>
> Bye

I suppose that are propietary drivers, eppscsi.vxd or something like that.
However, such files there is not exist in a windows instalation of the
scanner. It sounds like the file is unpacked or renamed during execution.

If there exist any hope, I will try to install the scanner again (vmware
deals fine with the scanner, but is so heavy...)

Thanks,
Osvaldo