Anybody know int-31?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Tue May 22 13:12:13 CDT 2001

Bob Goodwin <goodie1 at> writes:

> When calling the save/restore handler function, the only parameter
> passed is a byte in AL to indicate whether to save the current context
> or restore a saved context. My question is, are there multiple copies of
> the save/restore function or at least multiple entry points? It seems
> that this would be the only way of having multiple unique context saves.

No, the app is supposed to allocate a buffer of the right size (as
returned by the int31 call) and pass it to the save/restore function
in ES:EDI. Anyway, I'm not sure you need this functionality at all,
the current implementation should work OK (except that it needs a
dummy protected mode entry point).

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at