Small fixes in controls/menu.c

gerard patel gerard.patel at asi.fr
Tue May 22 17:11:28 CDT 2001

At 03:42 AM 22/05/2001 +0200, you wrote:

>In attachement WIN.3_11 you can see listing generated under windows 3.11.
>( Borland WinSight ) (If you want get a listing generated under win98/95 - no
>problem , but I'll have to format&reinstall ,because this copy of windows
>stopped functioning about 6 months ago )
>WINE_SETWINPOS ,WINE_NCALC- under wine with first and second version of
>patch.
>I think  WINE_NCALC is more similar to WIN.3_11 .

There is nothing looking like a SetWindowPos call between
WM_INITMENU and WM_INITPOPUPMENU, yes.
But as Alexandre Julliard was pointing, it does not mean
that something like calling NC_HandleNCCalcSize is done.

>I'm wondering why menu->Height == 0. I'll investigate it.

height = 0 because at some point the menu has been changed; this
is a Wine flag to signal that the menu dimensions have to be calculated again.
The problem with my test app without my original patch is that the menu
sizes are not calculated at this point so the mouse clicks are ignored

Btw, I have downloaded several of the availables app on your web site
and I don't see anything wrong with menus; IIRC I have tried 7.5 for
Win3.11, and trial versions 8 and 9 (32 bits). Is it with the main menu
that you see this problem ?

Gerard