Finding (or not) the exact number of args

Gaël de Chalendar Gael.de.Chalendar at limsi.fr
Wed May 23 13:01:51 CDT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to implement stubs for some missing ordinal functions in shlwapi.
Reading the NOTES comment in dlls/shlwapi/ordinal.c I don't know if it is a
good idea, but it allows explorer.exe (Win 98) to show its desktop and it is
what I'm testing (just for fun. I do not hope to be able to use it right now).

Anyway, it uses at a moment or another unimplemented ordinal functions. To
implement their stubs, I begins with a lot of args, reducing this number
until the function is passed. It seems to work but I wonder if I do not add
only problems with this strategy. If I left the stack in a corrupted state,
maybe the problem will become visible a lot later...
I was not able to find in docs, mails archives or google groups any useful
tip to find (simply) the right number of args. Particularly, the URL
http://www.ece.cmu.edu/afs/ece/usr/dacut/www/src is dead.

So, do I continue ? If yes, in this way or differently ?

Thanks for your advices.

Gael.

PS: I will not read my mail until monday 28.