some unimplemented COM stuff

Malte Starostik Malte.Starostik at
Tue May 29 18:09:14 CDT 2001

On Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2001 00:39, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> On Mon, 28 May 2001, Malte Starostik wrote:
> > unfortunately g++ doesn't support specifying a calling convention for
> > method pointers like HRESULT (IDispatch::*setProp)(BSTR).
> Since when? The construct HRESULT CALLBACK (*stuff)(...) is used all over
> the Wine headers, so I'd think someone would have noticed if g++ didn't
> support it...
HRESULT CALLBACK (*stuff)(...)
works indeed. I only tried
HRESULT CALLBACK (IFooBar::*stuff)(...)
which yields:
warning: `stdcall' attribute directive ignored
and results in stack corruption then I ignore this warning. So it seems it
accepts __attribute__ ((stdcall)) for function pointers but not method
pointers :(
Wars don't determine who's right, only who's left.