Status of ASPI?

Dax Kelson dkelson-wine at inconnect.com
Wed May 30 00:38:46 CDT 2001

> I'm having a failure with a windows app.  The application starts, and it
> asks me to name my project and pick a directory to store it in.  When I do
> so, I get errors such as:
>
> fixme:shell:PathGetCharTypeA d
> fixme:shell:PathGetCharTypeA f
> fixme:shell:PathGetCharTypeA d
> fixme:shell:PathGetCharTypeA t

Lots of thanks to Marcus, and his implementation of PathGetChar.  I can
report that his patch worked for me.

My next hurdle is ASPI support.  This application I'm running needs to
access my DVD drive via ASPI, and it complains it can't see any device.
On the Linux side of things, I've setup ide-scsi emulation for my ATAPI
DVD drive.

Here is the error I'm getting:

fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY for
adapter 0.

At one point I thought ASPI was working since you could use Win32 CDR
burning software with Wine.  What is the current status of ASPI in Wine?

Many thanks!

Dax