WINE server messages
dhowells at redhat.com
Wed May 30 03:04:47 CDT 2001
I'm having a little trouble deciding exactly how to emulate the "module
registration" functionality in my kernel module. It occurs to me that this
might be easier to accomplish with a change to the current wine server message
set. My idea is:
* Have the server only deal with NT Section objects and views of Sections.
* Have no separate module table attached to a process.
* Implement NtQuerySectionInformation/NtSetSectionInformation calls (or
whatever they're called) as wineserver messages.
* Add an extra Wine-specific information class for the purpose of recording
the extra module information.
* The wineserver process structure can then be changed so that rather than
keeping a separate list of process_dlls, they can just keep a list of
section views, some of which will be images/modules.
More information about the wine-devel