wineps include fix.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed May 30 15:36:06 CDT 2001

Ian Pilcher <ian.pilcher at home.com> writes:

> I *believe* that <freetype/freetype.h> should always include the header
> that defines the macros.  If not, it's going to be a nightmare checking
> for 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, etc. -- let alone every intermediate snapshot
> that a rawhide/cooker distribution might use.

It seems the rule is now to use ft2build.h instead of freetype.h. And
this will certainly change in the next release again... so yes, it
will be a nightmare if we actually try to use the silly macros. But if
we simply bypass them and do autoconf checks like we do for every
other package, I think it should work, and be harder to break (though
I'm sure the freetype guys will manage to do it ;-)

Basically do a

AC_CHECK_HEADERS(freetype/freetype.h freetype/foo.h freetype/bar.h)

and then

#ifdef HAVE_FREETYPE_FREETYPE_H
#include <freetype/freetype.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_FREETYPE_FOO_H
#include <freetype/foo.h>
#endif

etc.

Then when they change all the header names again in the next release
we can simply add the new names to the list.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com