Q: anybody using Exceed on NT4 as X server for wine?

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camline.com
Sat May 26 10:22:57 CDT 2001

Heiko Nardmann wrote:

> Is there anybody out there who uses Exceed on NT4 as the X server to display
> wine applications (like winemine from examples) which have been started on
> Linux?
>
> If yes are did you try 20010510 snapshot (or CVS) to run your applications?
>
> If yes could you provide me with your configuration files? I am still not
> able to start winemine since snapshot 20010418 (20010326 works fine).

Hello,

i am able to run programs on a remote computer using Exceed for NT4. I
tried FREECELL and regw32.exe (www.heise.de). I have started the
programs from an xterm, maybe this is not what you like to do. With the
attached xstart file i am also able to run freecell directly. But if i
remove /usr/bin/X11/xtern from the xstart file the program terminates
after some minutes.

Bye Stefan