autoconf help needed [was wineps include fix.]

Ian Pilcher ian.pilcher at home.com
Thu May 31 00:24:05 CDT 2001

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Basically do a
>
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(freetype/freetype.h freetype/foo.h freetype/bar.h)

Unfortunately it's not that simple, because the FreeType include files
won't always be in /usr/include/freetype.  On Red Hat 7.1, for example,
they're in /usr/include/freetype2/freetype, to distinguish them from
the FreeType 1.x headers.

The required compiler flag to include the proper directories is in the
FREETYPEINCL variable.  For example, on my Red Hat system it is set to
'-I/usr/include/freetype2'.  I tried the following:

ft_incl_dir=${FREETYPEINCL#-I}
AC_CHECK_HEADER("$ft_incl_dir/freetype/freetype.h",AC_DEFINE(HAVE_FREETYPE_H))

When I run autoconf, autoheader, and configure, I get the following:

checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... yes
checking for freetype-config... freetype-config
checking for /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h... no

So the AC_CHECK_HEADER macro isn't finding the file, even though it is
right there.

Anyone have any idea why?