Duplicated StrRetToStr functions in shell32

Dominik Strasser dominik.strasser at mchp.siemens.de
Mon Nov 5 09:54:28 CST 2001

Francois Gouget wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Guy L. Albertelli wrote:
>
> > Francois,
> >
> > The reason that these routines were duplicated is that the builtin shell32
> > cannot find StrRetToBuf{A|W} in some of the native versions of shlwapi.dll.
> > This dependency prohibited testing with builtin vs. native shlwapi.
> >
> > The change was submitted to winehq about 8/28 and committed soon thereafter.
>
>    Aaaah. Ok.
>
>    Then I suggest that we add a comment in the source that says so, in
> both the shell32 and shlwapi implementations. This way when one
> implementation is updated the others acutally have a chance of being
> updated too.
So why don't you implement it once and include the implementation twice,
one time in shell32, the other time in shlwapi ?
This could be either accomplished via #include or via a "vpath" in the
Makefile.

Dominik
--
Dominik Strasser	| Phone:  +49 89 636-43691
SIEMENS AG		| Fax:    +49 89 636-42284
CT SE 4			| E-Mail:Dominik.Strasser at mchp.siemens.de
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6	|
D-81739 Muenchen	| Room: 53-263