queries on internals...

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Nov 6 12:52:38 CST 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Roger Fujii wrote:
> 2) regapi uses strsep, which solaris doesn't have.  Is its
> usage in wine compatible with strtok, or should I cut/paste
> strsep into library/ports.c?

   I believe regapi is not compatible with strtok: if you have
   then regapi expects to get two tokens '"name"' and '', but strtok
only returns one. I was also wondering how to best fix that. Since it is
a Winelib application and not a part of Wine I don't know if
implementing strsep in library/port.c is the best solution: shouldn't we
be able to compile regapi on Windows? In addition to that Wine itself
does not use strsep. I would like Alexandre's opinion on that :-)

   So the other solution is to reimplement strsep in regapi itself and I
have a patch for that. Just in case, here is a carefully tested strsep

static char* getToken(char** str, const char* delims)
    char* token;

    if (*str==NULL) {
        /* No more tokens */
        return NULL;