linking in .lib files

Chris Dawson cdawson at webiphany.com
Wed Nov 7 20:34:09 CST 2001

Hmm, well, the problem is that winemaker/wine are not doing this for me,
AFAIK.

1.  When compiling the project, I get a whole bunch of "undefined reference
to xxx_XXXX function" errors.  These are symbols that the .lib defines, so I
know that this library is not getting linked in properly.

2.  When I try to run the program, I get "undefined symbol: xxx_XXXX"
errors, so I assume that Wine isn't doing it's job either.

I guess the most important thing for me is that I get confirmation that .lib
files can be either statically linked in using gcc, or if there is another
existing mechanism for this.  In MSVC I just add the .lib to the list of
library files and make sure the path is there, and it works, so I don't
understand much more about what I might need to do under Linux, especially
with wine.

Thanks,
Chris