queries on internals... / more stuff on virtualdub

Roger Fujii rmf at lookhere.com
Fri Nov 9 02:59:03 CST 2001

eric pouech wrote:
> > virtualdub has a selection that brings up the audio compressors (and another
> > that has the video compressors) that can be used to compress a stream.
> > The audio compression list is empty, while the video one has all the ones
> > I expect.  Sounds like from a previous post that it's a problem of not
> > related to the audio device.
> well, other post says that no ACM driver is reported when there's no audio
> available... that's perhaps the program which disables the list when no
> audio is avail.
> could you mail me anyway the -debugmsg +msacm trace

ok... attached is the wine output for the above

I *finally* got it back to working order.  Ended up that the last checkin
caused a reconfiguration that latched onto the X11 4.1.0 tree on my system
(as opposed to the openwin one).  For some reason (as stated before),
wine crashes when compiled/linked against the XFree tree, but runs fine
when compiled against the openwin tree.  My suspicion is that it is a
funky threading issue - probably should be in a readme somewhere.

Also, I got the following message from Avery Lee (the author of VirtualDub).
Am posting it here as an FYI and for archival reasons.