SystemParametersInfo: Screen Save actions

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 07:26:30 CST 2001

--- Andreas Mohr <andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 07:22:39AM -0800, Andriy
> Palamarchuk wrote:
> > Change log:
> >
> > SystemParametersInfo. Implemented processing for
> > actions SPI_GET/SETSCREENSAVETIMEOUT,
> > SPI_GET/SETSCREENSAVEACTIVE,
> > SPI_GET/SETSCREENSAVERRUNNING. Removed integration
> > with X Window screen saving.
> Hmm, why did you remove X11 screen saving completely
> ??
>
> Probably because it was horribly broken, right ?
> (SPI_SETSCREENSAVEACTIVE *activated* screen saver
> instead of *enabling* it
> - doh !)
>
> Why don't you fix this strange code instead of
> removing it ?

Andreas, I had a discussion with Alexandre how we are
going to integrate system parameters/system metrics
with X settings. The decision we came to was to make
system parameters independent from X settings by
default. This is why I removed the code, not just
fixed it.
Look at the discussion in a couple of threads on
wine-devel with "SystemParametersInfo ..." in subject.
The summary of the approach is also in comments to
SystemParametersInfoA in windows/sysparams.c

> I guess I should do it...

I assumed that in this case there was no strong reason
for such integration.
I will be glad to get your comments on this situation.

Andriy Palamarchuk