SystemParametersInfo: Screen Save actions

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Fri Nov 16 13:37:26 CST 2001

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 11:32:35AM -0800, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:
>
> >    In fact, I disagree with Alexandre when he says:
> >
> > > If users want to reconfigure X behavior, they have to use the X
> > > configuration programs.
> >
> >    I think Wine is about more than just running Windows applications on
> > Linux. It's about integrating Windows and Linux applications and thus
> > they should be able to manipulate these kind of settings. Otherwise Wine
> > would only support the 'desktop mode' or it would not exist at all and
> > everyone would be happy with running Windows in a sand-box ala VMWare.
>
> I also said there could be exceptions... I agree temporarily disabling
> the screen saver can be useful, so we probably want to allow at least
> that. I'm not sure we want to allow messing with the timeout though.
Yep, I think the same. Being able to control screen saver activity
is pretty damn needed (for DVD/movie players etc.).
What is *not* needed is some stupid Windows program messing with my
nicely configured timeouts :)
We should probably output a warning message informing the user that we won't
modify the timeout, though.

Hmm, again, could someone fix the horrible bug in SPI_SETSCREENSAVERACTIVE ?
This one leads to pretty stupid blanking in both movie players and,
more importantly, InstallShield installers !!

Andriy ?
(or should I fix it ?)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.nexgo.de/andi.mohr/