Kdevelop and Wine

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Nov 19 09:49:43 CST 2001

On Monday, 19. November 2001 17:35, Chuck Fischer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Linux, Kdevelop and Wine.  I've been given the task of getting a
> Windows application to run on *nix.  After some surfing I found KDevelop
> and Wine.  I would like to use KDevelop to build my Windows app with
> WineLib.
Sure, just do it :)

> Can this be done?  Has it been done?  What do I need to do to get it to
> work?
I can't tell you the specifics of the development you have to do, but
basically, KDevelop supports C and C++. So what you may need to do is set up
your directory hierarchy manually and then use the "Project"->"Generate
Projectfile" function to import the whole directory tree to browse the
sourcecode, set the executable in the project options and test if the make
run works for you.

> Also, are there any plans or thoughts about integrating WineLib with
> KDevelop?
no, why should we ? We're using Qt and that is a cross-plattform solution. If
I were you I would tell my boss that it would be a lot better to rewrite
certain parts with Qt, if not all of the application and then comile it on
the different platforms. Then you would also have a Mac version of your
application available ;)

Ralf