Patches for FreeBSD 5.x compilation

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Nov 19 15:22:35 CST 2001

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

>    I guess that one day Alexandre is going to argue that Linux should
> stop polluting the namespace with 'struct user'...

Well, struct user is the only reason for including sys/user.h, so I
guess it can be considered acceptable; but anything else defined in
there (like struct user_regs_struct on Linux) is namespace pollution
too IMO.

And if there comes a day when the server is managing users, the
corresponding struct will definitely be named struct user, not struct
wine_unique_prefix_0918274_user or whatever (and note that we don't
really need user.h even on Linux, we could just as well hardcode the
offset).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com