audio.c fault reproduction

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.de
Tue Nov 20 04:59:50 CST 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 01:21:20AM -0800, Simon Britnell wrote:
> I downloaded and ran the QuickTime installer and the
> Pajama Sam demo last PM.
>
> I have reproduced the problem with Pajama Sam (it
> seems that ends of samples are either not playing or
> being overwritten), but I can't get
> QuickTimePlayer.exe to do anything at all.
Uhm... Quicktime is a little bit special, it seems to trigger a lot of race
conditions. To maximize the start success:
- check that the sound modules are already loaded
- check that no other program is playing sound
- don't use '--debugmsg'
- give the full path in Windows stile to the file you want to play (e.g
  wine QuickTimePlayer.exe 'c:/My Documents/film.mov'
- don't use the Sample.mov provided with Quicktime, it seems to be a
  little special, meaning that it automaticly starts to play and that
  dosn't work even with audio.c 1.44 pretty well.
- if you hadn't success for the first time retry it.

bye
	michael

> I'll investigate the Pajama Sam problems over the
> remainder of the week.

System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.de
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart