Crashing menus, event handling broken?

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Nov 24 09:08:24 CST 2001

On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 04:47:39PM +0200, Jukka Heinonen wrote:
> Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Raw messages are not supposed to get processed while there is a cooked
> > message in the queue. Is the app filtering messages in GetMessage?
> > Could you please do a +server trace showing the problem?
>
> Well, raw messages can be processed even though there is
> a cooked message in the queue if the application calls GetMessage
> and the requested message range does not include mouse messages.
> This seems to be the case here.
I think this is the very same problem that Snood has, a freeware game.
It allows shooting on the very first mouse click, but after that,
no more events take place.
This is due to Snood sending a special 0x5555 (?, dunno any more)
message on every mouse click, which is supposed to signal some other proc
a mouse click.
Unfortunately the GetMessage() (or was it PeekMessage ?) which is supposed
to fetch further mouse movements then always fetches the 0x5555 message
and thus further mouse notification messages are inhibited.
(dunno whether my description is exact, it's something like that, but I'm
afraid the description is slightly wrong).

In short: you should definitely have a look at Snood, I think, as I'm pretty
sure it's the very same problem.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.nexgo.de/andi.mohr/