Is there a good reason why we ...

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Nov 30 15:43:42 CST 2001

"Bill Medland" <medbi01_1 at accpac.com> writes:

> Is there a good reason why we have to specify the full correct path to a dll
> in the dll overrides section if it isn't in the windows system?

Because you can have multiple versions of the same dll in different
directories, and we need a way of distinguishing them. For instance an
app may include its own version of shell32 in its private directory,
and you want to be able to switch this one to builtin without
impacting other apps using the standard shell32. There may be better
ways to provide this feature though, suggestions are welcome.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com