err:edit:EDIT_LockBuffer no buffer ... please report

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Oct 7 22:10:40 CDT 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> Please let me know whether attached (untested) patch fixes it.
>
> Changelog:
>     Defer edit style correction until EDITSTATE is fully initialized.
>
> --
> Dmitry.

Well, ... yes.  The err: goes away.  File and directory names still
disappear from the winhelp file dialog (?) as they did before, but
still, if you select the right empty space, the operation proceeds to a
satisfying crash.  If I thought that little err: was all that was wrong
with winhelp, that was silly of me.  I _think_ this is a good patch.

Regards,

Lawson
---cut here---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!