err:edit:EDIT_LockBuffer no buffer ... please report

lawson_whitney at lawson_whitney at
Sun Oct 7 22:41:22 CDT 2001

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001 whit at wrote:

> Well, ... yes.  The err: goes away.  File and directory names still
> disappear from the winhelp file dialog (?) as they did before, but
> still, if you select the right empty space, the operation proceeds to a
> satisfying crash.  If I thought that little err: was all that was wrong
> with winhelp, that was silly of me.  I _think_ this is a good patch.
> Regards,
> Lawson
> ---cut here---

So as not to damn you with faint praise, I think winhelp is more nearly
usable with this patch than without.  I can actually select and see a
topic in terminal.hlp before winhelp crashes.

---slowly, but with considerable uncertainty---