winemaker

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Oct 12 13:17:12 CDT 2001

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:
[...]
> Good, thanks.  Now it ./configures and makes fine, but "make install" is
> so wrong I must have screwed something up.  I will check before I run
> off any more about it.

   Hmm, I never really tested "make install". It's something that was in
the original makefile I started from and that I mostly kept around.
Should work though. Make sure that it is not copying the symbolic links
but creates real files in the $prefix/bin directory...
   Also, you will need a proper 'install' program. In full-fledged
autoconf setups they have an install-sh script because they don't trust
the system tool. I felt it was not worth the overhead in winemaker as
the install procedure is very likely to need customization anyway.

   Well, let me know what you find.

                            $live{free} || die "";