Francois Gouget fgouget at
Fri Oct 12 13:17:12 CDT 2001

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 lawson_whitney at wrote:
> Good, thanks.  Now it ./configures and makes fine, but "make install" is
> so wrong I must have screwed something up.  I will check before I run
> off any more about it.

   Hmm, I never really tested "make install". It's something that was in
the original makefile I started from and that I mostly kept around.
Should work though. Make sure that it is not copying the symbolic links
but creates real files in the $prefix/bin directory...
   Also, you will need a proper 'install' program. In full-fledged
autoconf setups they have an install-sh script because they don't trust
the system tool. I felt it was not worth the overhead in winemaker as
the install procedure is very likely to need customization anyway.

   Well, let me know what you find.

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
                            $live{free} || die "";