PATCH: Fix LoadCursor() under win9x

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Oct 12 18:37:47 CDT 2001

Andreas Mohr <u4t5s0yq1001 at sneakemail.com> writes:

> Using your exception handler, LoadCursor() *always* returns 0
> on invalid parameter, which is WRONG in the NT 4 case
> since it continues program execution without crashing.
>
> --> GetVersion() is required, check was (nearly) right IMHO.
> Probably the best solution would be to use both an exception handler and
> call GetVersion() on exception.

Come on Andreas, we've been through this before. A version check must
be added *only* when there is a real-life application that
demonstrably depends on the version difference for proper behavior.

So if you want the version check you'll have to show us an application
that needs the crash in order to work right...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com