wine/port.h #include fixes

Roger Fujii rmf at lookhere.com
Mon Oct 15 17:14:01 CDT 2001

Jeremy White wrote:

> It's slowly coming around (Francois recent patches are key),
> but we still have some fairly serious issues.

good....it isn't me... ;)

> You've hit the first issue - being sure to use the
> GNU tool chain.
>
> Doing a cvs update and trying again (after, of course,
> Alexandre commits Francois' recent patches) may
> bring you more joy.

keeping fingers crossed...

> FYI, the #1 bug we're hitting is that in Linux/glibc,
> you can do printf("%s", NULL), and in Solaris that
> brings righteous death.

well, I suppose as a temporary hack, you can link with /lib/0 at 0.so.1
which will put a 0 at 0, thus causing it to not do anything instead of
segfaulting.  Wouldn't recommend this as a permanent fix, as passing
down null to printf isn't a good idea in general, IMHO.

-r

--
Roger Fujii <rmf at lookhere.com>
Underemployed, and trying to keep it that way....