MDI FindWndPtr fix

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Oct 18 13:12:14 CDT 2001

Mike McCormack  <mike_mccormack at start.com.au> writes:

> i think i fixed that one too in the patch... there's probably similar
> problems in other files, since WIN_GetPtr and WIN_FindWndPtr seem do
> basically the same thing, but one reference counts and one doesn't. i
> think we're going to see WIN_GetPtr disappear eventually... maybe.

No, it is WIN_FindWndPtr and the whole reference counting that is
going to disappear. The reference counting is needed only when we give
control to the application while holding the window lock, and this is
something we should never do.

Another difference is that WIN_GetPtr returns a special value for
windows belonging to another process, to force us to think about this
case and handle it properly.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com