File media type

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Oct 18 18:55:53 CDT 2001

Ove Kaaven wrote:
> I'm trying to think of a way to make multi-CD installers work under Wine.
> Right now, the hardest part is that when the installers tell you to change
> discs, the Setup.exe file mappings are still open. I'm thinking of making
> Wine not map the file, but read it straight into RAM, if the executable
> to be mapped is on removable media.

That's a very interesting issue.  It's cool that
Wine is to the point where such things matter.

[ Off topic - I've been thinking on and off
about that other project that added native PE support to
BSD.  I wonder how / if they handle this issue.

Perhaps this is something that Linux itself would want, even
for native executables.  I suppose it might be a mount option.
Hmm hmm.  ]

- Dan