Improving Wine focus handling

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Oct 22 12:56:27 CDT 2001

Jukka Heinonen <jhei at iki.fi> writes:

> - There have recently been lots of changes in directory
>   wine/windows/x11drv and I'm not sure whether the changes
>   are over yet.

Definitely not over, they are only starting ;-)

> - Alexandre did mention that this fix is in his todo list,
>   perhaps he has already planned a better way to do this fix.

Yes, I'm going to work on that as part of fixing window activation for
shared handles. I'm hoping to start on it this week, so you probably
don't want to spend too much time on this right now.

> - Mouse clicks over non-active windows should not automatically
>   result into focus transfer. In these cases, Windows sends a special
>   message that makes certain that the window really wants to gain focus.

I don't think you should change X focus on mouse clicks. That is up to
the window manager to decide.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com