SystemParametersInfo / GetSystemMetrics patches

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at
Tue Oct 23 15:23:25 CDT 2001

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at> wrote:
> Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at> writes:
> > The last week I submitted a few patches, including
> > couple patches for these functions.
> >
> > The patches have not been committed yet.
> > Is there anything wrong with them?
> I'm still not satisfied with the design. Having a
> big reload function
> is not a good idea IMO, you don't want to have to
> load all parameters
> on startup when most are never used.

Do you think it is better to do lazy loading for most

> Also we need a
> way to make
> parameter changes work across multiple processes.

I'll think about it more. Originally I planned to
broadcast change notification across processes and use
the reload function in other process to refresh values
from registry. The problem with this approach is when
a parameter is changed without saving.

Andriy Palamarchuk

Do You Yahoo!?