usleep in winmm/wineoss audio

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Oct 23 17:43:06 CDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Simon Britnell wrote:

> --- eric pouech <eric.pouech at> wrote:
> > hmmm we should be able to attach to a waiting
> > process (what was the error number you got when
> trying
> > to attach winedbg ?)
> error 5.  This is the result of ptrace failing IIRC.

   I have seen this error too. It seems it happens on Linux kernel 2.4.9
and up. When I switched back to 2.4.5 I stopped having problems.

   Also I noticed that when winedbg failed to attach, gdb would fail to
attach too. So I would say this does not look like a Wine bug, but more
like a Linux kernel bug (or something that changed in an incompatible
fashion (in a stable kernel)).

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
     The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.