none

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Oct 26 14:27:07 CDT 2001

Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:

> Ok, how about this:
> Each system parameter has "is_loaded" flag which shows
> whether the parameter is loaded or not. Parameters,
> stored directly in SysParametersInfo are loaded from
> registry only when they are requested and the flag is
> "false", after the loading the flag is set to "true".
> On interprocess notification of the parameter change
> the corresponding parameter flag is set to "false".
> The parameter will be reloaded when it is requested
> the next time.

Yes, something like this would work.

> Are there any existing implementations of
> communication between Wine processes I can use as an
> example?

You want to use some variant of SendMessage in this case, probably a
broadcast SendNotifyMessage with an internal message code (adding a
WM_WINE_ case in dlls/user/message.c).

> Do you still think it is better don't affect X
> settings from Wine?

Yes.

> While we are on this - what about other my patch -
> "hello5.c"? It fixes a warning and an error message I
> got when I tried to compile hello5.c.

The error depends on the compiler version. You should check the
DUMMYUNIONNAME defines if you want to make it work for all
platforms. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble though.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com