WINE and Haxial programs

haxial winelist at haxial.com
Sat Oct 27 09:51:02 CDT 2001

Hi There

My company produces a few programs that run on Windows and MacOS.  Some
of the users of these programs have been experimenting using WINE to run
the programs on Linux.

This is what they have been saying:  "the KDX server runs FLAWLESSLY,
100% perfect, better than solitaire runs"

However, there is one caveat to the above:  I'm told that text input
doesn't work when running KDX using WINE on Linux.

I was wondering if I would be able to work with WINE developers in making
KDX run perfectly on Linux using WINE.  I think you would find this to be
an easier task than usual because KDX only uses a *minimal* amount of
windoze APIs.

For example, KDX implements it's own GUI, it does not use the windoze API
for that.  Also, KDX even implements it's own graphics routines, it does
not use the windoze GDI functions (except for the final step of getting
the images onto the screen).  KDX loads no obscure DLL's, it's just a
single .exe file.   It does not use MDI or any crap like that.  It does
not access the registry.  It does not use MFC.  So I think it would be
much easier for WINE than your average windoze program.

Which probably explains why it's already running well, except there is
some bug, probably a minor little thing, that is preventing text input
from working.

The website is:   http://www.haxial.com

Thanks.