problems with dde, I think...

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at
Tue Oct 30 02:56:56 CST 2001

> I can get the "library" window to show up when running wine, and the initial
> "quick tip" window, but when I click the close button of the tip window wine
> encounters an exception.  I believe the exception is in user32.dll, in the
> ddeuninitialize16 function. This is going from my memory of the one time I was
> able to attach to the wine process to catch the exception.
well you have to be sure of that... you can always trace with -debugmsg +dde,+relay and see what gives (and post the 100 lines before the exception is thrown)

> I attempted copying the kernel32, user32 dll's from a win98 machine into my wine
> dir, but this did not help.
never do that. native kernel, user and gdi DLL won't work under wine.

Eric Pouech
The future will be better tomorrow,
Vice President Dan Quayle

Faites un voeu et puis Voila !
Avec Voila Mail, consultez vos e-mails sur votre mobile Wap.