(no subject)

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at voila.fr
Tue Oct 30 03:09:05 CST 2001

> I had an idea for using poll or select (rather than
> calculating expected play time and using a timeout) in
> audio.c The idea is to have a thread that sits on a
> select and dispatches a synthetic wine event  (ie.
> we'd make up a WM_DSP_READY event) when the select
> returns.
well, from a generic point of view this is something to be done
however, I don't see where you'd like to dispatch the event to ?
the playback thread in this case would have to wait on two different things:
- the /dev/dsp fd (when the queue becomes non full)
- the external events (play/pause/stop/quit)
so you have to decide whether you use unix or Windows sync mechanisms here. unix would be more effective, but a bit harder to do. Windows would be nice (you just need to call the wine server request to create from a unix fd into a windows handle and wait on it.

A+
Eric Pouech
(http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eric.pouech/)
The future will be better tomorrow,