Anyone compiled Borland OWL (Object Windows Library) with winelib ?

Grzegorz Prokopski greg at sente.pl
Tue Oct 30 12:51:07 CST 2001

Hi !

I am unable to find this information in wine-devel archives, so I
decided to ask here.

Q1: Have You heard about anyone who compiled Borland OWL (Object
Windows Library) based project with winelib ? Yeah - I know it is
an old library and Borland C++ 5.02 is the last version released
a few years ago and without future updates.

Anyway I have a project which IS written in OWL and need to check
how hard will it be to make it working under Linux without
rewriting it all.

I belive I have the sources for complete OWL of course.

Q2: With You expirience what would You say to that statment:
If my OWL-based program works under Wine it should be convertable
to winelib.
How true is that statment ?

Q3: I have read docs about using winelib and seen that there is
MS Visual C++ mentioned many times. Does MS VC++ have some kind
of support in winemake or in winelib itself ? Does OWL case differ
much from MS VC++ ?

Thank You for Your answers.

				Grzegorz Prokopski