Borland OWL & winelib ?

Grzegorz Prokopski greg at sente.pl
Tue Oct 30 15:18:04 CST 2001

eric pouech wrote:

> > Q1: Have You heard about anyone who compiled Borland OWL (Object
> > Windows Library) based project with winelib ?
> not to my knowledge
I am trying ATM.

> > Anyway I have a project which IS written in OWL and need to check
> > how hard will it be to make it working under Linux without
> > rewriting it all.
> well, it might be possible. some folks have been successful with MFC
> however, it has to be checked which BCC++ specific extensions were
> used by OWL
Yeah, I've read the docs. Gonna check it by experiment.

> > Q2: With You expirience what would You say to that statment:
> > If my OWL-based program works under Wine it should be convertable
> > to winelib.
> > How true is that statment ?
> well, it has to be further checked. I'd say likely (as it's possible
> with MFC)
May there be any other problems than with source-compiler ones ?
It is quite old lib and I wouldn't expect it to use any "new" windows
api features. Much less than current MFC - I am sure.

> > Does OWL case differ much from MS VC++ ?
> they are different beasts. OWL is a C++ lib, MS VC++ is
> compiler/IDE/MFC...
> coffee machine (oops this has been disabled lately for C# compliance)
I was thinkig about OWL vs. MFC difference. Don't know why my fingers
wrote MS VC++ ;-) Nevermind then.

Going back to the OWL sources & wine ;-) (And getting some beer as it
is late evening in Poland now ;-)

Thanks
				Grzegorz Prokopski