audio.c converted from WaitForSingleObject to poll

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Wed Oct 31 08:02:59 CST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Simon Britnell wrote:

> 2) Removes the need to calculate a sleep interval in
> the wodPlayer main loop, as it loops only when dsp is
> ready to be written or a command is ready to be
> received.

Well, it seems like a bad idea to make the player thread enter a busy loop
when there isn't enough data to fill the device buffers, don't you think?
(Well, though I'd like buffer complete notifications to happen more
frequently than they do in Wine's current implementation, making the
player thread use 100% CPU isn't the way...)