Problem

Andreas Mohr a.mohr at mailto.de
Wed Sep 5 07:54:49 CDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 11:17:45PM +0200, Borut Rozman wrote:
> I tried it, but the "thing" still stays, maybe I should get that 51 BUILD
> and make it that ways !!
Hmm, why doesn't it work ?

IMO the "total cleanup" part really should have worked...

Are you sure you only have one wine/wineserver binary on the system,
and you are using the correct versions ?

Did you follow that information step by step ?
I can't imagine it having failed.
But OTOH I'm afraid this docu didn't

Oh, and BTW: http://learn.to/quote might be worth visiting.

> > Borut Rozman wrote:
> >> wine client error:0x80685e8: version mismatch 48/51.
> >> Your wineserver binary was not upgraded correctly,
> >> or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
> >> Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
> >> Registry install failed.
> >>
> >> so u see it is some client/server error and now I cant go further plz
> >> help me out !
> >
> > See "total cleanup" in the faq-o-matic:
> > http://wine.codeweavers.com/fom-meta/cache/297.html
> >
> > - Dan

"Point is, nothing here is unfamiliar or unexpected.  How long does
it take before there's general recognition that Microsoft software
has no business on the Internet? - Dennis E. Powell re: Code Red