Problem with specmaker

eric pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 6 13:03:05 CDT 2001

"Guy L. Albertelli" wrote:

> Recently had a problem with specmaker not generating prototypes. Traced it
> down to a problem in function_grep.pl.
>
> If the following lines are in a .h file, no prototypes after them are
> recognized. Removing the lines from the .h file allows the prototype to be
> generated:
>
>    #define IShellIcon_METHODS \
>        ICOM_METHOD3(HRESULT, GetIconOf,   \
>                 LPCITEMIDLIST,pidl, UINT,flags, LPINT,lpIconIndex)
>
> I suspect that the preprocessor elimination did not expect multiline
> condition. I don't know perl so I cann't fix it.
thanks for sending the pb to me, but I didn't wrote that part at once
(I just recently upgraded specmaker with some dump facilities)
it seems however that the perl script only allow one backslash for
multiline extensions but fails with more than one
since Patrik seemed to have written this part at once (and it
could/should
be shared with the wineapi suite, I think he's the best suited for the

A+