Wine for OS X?

Tyler Vano creysoft at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 12:51:43 CDT 2001

Hi All,

I'm new to this list (and to Wine itself) but was
wondering, is there a project in the works to port
Wine to Mac OS X (www.apple.com/macosx)? OS X *is*
based on FreeBSD (albeit with a bunch of new fluff for
compatibility & aqua), so a port shouldn't be that
difficult.

(650,000 lines of code and the guy says it 'shouldn't
be difficult.')

Personally, I think the eventually payoff would be
well worth it. You'd get the entire community of
ecstatic Mac users, drunk with the power of being able
to run Windows apps directly on their Macs (without
VPC.)

Just like Linux/Unix, Apple's custom Mach3 kernel (aka
Darwin) is Open Sourced.

Just curious.

  - Tyler
    www.creysoft.com