Monkey Island 3

Gerard Patel gerard.patel at nerim.net
Mon Sep 10 10:02:18 CDT 2001

At 03:11 PM 09/09/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>The installation of Curse of Monkey Island seems to be broken in latest
>CVS. All I get is a dialog saying that setup requires a different version
>of Windows.
>
>A trace is available on the web at
>http://www.lysator.liu.se/~johane/monkey3.txt
>
>/Johan Gill, johane at lysator.liu.se

I have looked at your trace -the app is trying to use a Win32s function.
Maybe the problem is that it succeeds. However, Win32s is present
in Wine since years and has not been touched since a long time.

I think unlikely that it could be a new problem - when was the
last working Wine version before current Cvs ?

You can find in documentation/cvs-regression a few tips on how
to search for the exact date of a regression.

FYI the Wine app database list this game as 'playing perfectly
directly off the CD' :-)

Gerard