Developer offering to help.

Andreas Mohr a.mohr at mailto.de
Mon Sep 10 11:37:58 CDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 02:34:44PM +0200, Marco Bizzarri wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've seen in the recent past a task list for newbie developer for wine.
> I would like to know what are still open, how I could contribute.
>
> I've very few skills in Windows development. However, I've good
> knowledge of development under linux, and usage of gnu tools (autoconf).
>
> Bye
> Marco
Well, I think the best way to start contributing to Wine is to execute
lots of programs until you find one that fails in a pretty easy way.
Then start using --debugmsg +xxx,+yyy (e.g. --debugmsg +relay,+file,+dosfs
or so) until you get a grasp of what's broken.
Then maybe search for some docu at search.microsoft.com and fix it :-)

I'd definitely be willing to help you whenever you run into problems...

"Point is, nothing here is unfamiliar or unexpected.  How long does
it take before there's general recognition that Microsoft software
has no business on the Internet? - Dennis E. Powell re: Code Red