Russian keyboard layout

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 14:31:33 CDT 2001

Hello everybody,

   I want to fix message about not found keyboard layout for my
configuration. The FIXME message is not shown after I add a phantom key
definition to russian keyboard layout main_key_RU in file
windows/x11drv/keyboard.c

I need your advise how to do it correctly.

Should I change existing layout - main_key_RU or it is better to add a
separate one with phantom key - main_key_RU_phantom, like it is
presently done for US layouts?

I could not suppress the FIXME message by changing keyboard model in
XF86Config from "pc102" to "pc101".

My system:
Wine release 20010824, installed without Windows,
gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-81)
The layout, defined in XF86Config is "ru(winkeys)".

Thank you,
Andriy Palamarchuk